With Post Graduate qualifications in Women’s Health and Continence, Esthesis Physiotherapy specialises in treating pelvic floor dysfunction across the life stages.
Pelvic floor issues can greatly impact on quality of life and can arise as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, menopause, constipation, gynaecological surgery, ageing, obesity, inactivity, lifting, chronic coughing, lower back or pelvic pain or postural dysfunction.
Symptoms of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction:
- Leaking from the bladder or bowel
- Urgency to empty bladder and/or bowel
- A “dragging” or “heavy” sensation in the vagina or a bulge/lump (Prolapse of uterus, bladder and/or bowel)
- Overactive pelvic floor (tight and painful muscles)
- Vaginal pain or spasm
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Specific and individualised exercise programs for the pelvic floor muscles.
- The use of Real Time Ultrasound for the assessment and training of the pelvic floor and deep abdominal muscles.
- Lifestyle advice
Evidence strongly supports the use of physiotherapy in the treatment of incontinence and prolapse issues.