There are many changes that occur to the body during pregnancy, childbirth and in the post natal period. Esthesis Physiotherapy can assist women in maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle and provide appropriate treatment and management if pain or dysfunction arises.
Common symptoms during this period include:
- Back and neck pain
- Hip pain
- Pelvic pain and instability
- Pubic pain
- Rib pain
- Coccyx pain
- Carpal tunnel & wrist pain
- Abdominal muscle separation
- Pelvic floor muscle weakness
- Leaking from the bladder or bowel
Esthesis Physiotherapy can assist you through this time with:
- Hands on manual therapy
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Core exercises
- Provision of appropriate braces/supports
- Postural advice/strengthening exercises
- Guidance with returning to exercise and sport after childbirth
- Ante-natal and Post-natal exercise classes
We have a specialised pregnancy pillow which allows you to lay on your stomach during treatment throughout your entire pregnancy.
For further information on how Physiotherapy may assist you through your pregnancy or to register your interest for an exercise Class, please contact Esthesis Physiotherapy.